QCSA are registered and able to accept Get Started vouchers on behalf of clubs that are not incorporated. Blackstone is not incorporated so you are able to redeem vouchers when signing on with Blackstone via the QCSA.
What is Get Started?
Get Started is one of three funding programs that comprise the Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative to support sport and recreation at the grassroots level.
Get Started assists children and young people who can least afford or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or recreation club.
Eligible children and young people can apply online for a voucher valued up to $150 online, which can be redeemed at a sport or recreation club registered with Get Started.
Who can apply?
The following applicants are eligible for a Get Started voucher:
- children and young people from the age of five and under the age of 18 who hold or whose parent, guardian or carer holds a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card and are residents of Queensland
- other children or young people identified by two referral agents (see below).
How do I get a voucher?
Round 12 will open in early 2019.
A parent, carer or guardian of an eligible child or young person can apply online for a voucher. When applying for a voucher, the following details will be required:
- name, age and date of birth of the child or young person
- name, address, telephone number and email address of the parent, carer or guardian
- a valid Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card number, or if the child or young person is being referred, the contact details of two referral agents.
If a child is eligible for Get Started, they are not guaranteed a voucher. The funding will be distributed in two rounds each year on a first come, first served basis. Once the allocation for each round is exhausted, the program will close and no further vouchers will be offered for that round.
Before applying for a voucher, it is recommended that you read the Frequently Asked Questions for Parents, Carers and Guardians and the terms and conditions for how the voucher is to be used.
Once you have read through the information about the voucher and discussed membership requirements with your local sport or recreation club, you can proceed to apply online.
- Step 1: check you can apply for a voucher
- Step 2: apply online using the QGrants system
- Step 3: present the voucher to a registered club
Need further information?
If you require further information on Get Started, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a local Sport and Recreation Services office on 1300 656 191.